*** STORE MANAGER (posted June 2023) ***
Full-time, Year Round
Beginning: Immediate (TBD)
Age Requirements: Must be 21 Years of Age
Experience: Related experience required (i.e. managment, retail, food-service).
Pay: Hourly + bonus program + profit sharing + benefits
We are currently seeking a passionate, professional, and dedicated individual to lead our daily operation. The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall daily operation of the store including the retail storefront, office, e-commerce, and kitchen departments. Ideal candidates will have proven experience in an applicable area such as food service, retail, human resources, or hospitality. Must be exceptionally detail oriented, capable of consistent multitasking, and interested in adapting to a changing work landscape. Most important will be a willingness to learn, and the ability to thrive in a very fast paced setting centered around community. If you are passionate about a unique, historical experience in a flexible environment with exponential potential for growth, this is a wonderful opportunity for you.
- Oversee the daily operation of all areas of the business including post office, retail, kitchen/bakery, and e-commerce departments.
- Assist in budget development and management for sales, labor and food costs to assure annual goals are met.
- Process daily accounting and ongoing bookkeeping (i.e. checking reconciliation, accounts payable, accounts receivable).
- Manage the physical inventory of all goods including order counts, stock rotations, and optimal product levels.
- Offer support with human resource activities such as hiring and recruiting, documentation, training, team reviews, disciplinary procedures, and firing/terminations.
- Maintain organized and up to date office files.
- Assure store procedure manuals, team handbooks, and other written guidelines are up to date at all times.
- Purchase store product, reviewing costs and pricing regularly.
- Assure up to date food handling guidelines are following throughout all areas of the kitchen.
- Assure consistency, quality, and efficiency in all production.
- Manage all office and kitchen equipment assuring timely and efficient repair and upkeep.
- Assure maximum kitchen efficiency, limiting waste, and maximizing product use.
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships.
- Ensure consistently high-level customer satisfaction via excellent customer service.
- Maintain a visually appealing storefront and safe, clean work environment throughout the building.
- Be aware of industry trends and report on such trends as appropriate.
- Be a consistently shining example of best practice behavior for other team members to mimic.
- Additional store manager duties as needed.
- Ability to comfortably lift up to 50 pounds
- Comfortable standing, bending, and lifting for long periods of time
- Great learning opportunity
- Community setting
- No evenings
- Guaranteed 40 hours/week year round
- Flexible schedule
- Historic operation since 1934 (long term job security)
- Store discount on merchandise, etc.
- Bonus programs
- Health insurance options
- Complimentary daily lunch
- Profit sharing
$22-25/hr (based on experience) + bonus + profit sharing
*** PART TIME CASHIER (posted June 2023) ***
Part-time, Seasonal (Now - October)
Scheduling: 2-3 hald days per week; no evenings
Age Requirements: Must be 18 Years of Age
Experience: Retail and customer service experience a must; ability to work efficiently in a fast paced setting
Pay: Hourly, based on experience ($18+)
We're currently seeking an additional part time cashier to take the helm and pilot the ship 2-3 half day shifts per week. Shifts operate 9:30am-1/2:30pm or 12/1pm-5/6pm. Candidates must be 18 years of age and able to move fast, stay friendly, and remain cool under pressure. Contact us should you be looking for seasonal employment and interested in working in "Downtown Good Hart". We'd love to meet and discuss what you're looking for and whether or not you'd be a good fit here in the 49737.
- Ability to comfortably lift up to 40 pounds
- Comfortable standing, bending, and lifting for long periods of time, several hours during one shift
$18/hr + tips
Email your completed Good Hart General Store application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions may also be directed via email!
DOWNLOAD AN APPLICATION (PDF)
To deliver paperwork in person or by mail:
Attention Ami Woods
1075 N. Lake Shore Drive
Good Hart, Michigan 49737